March 9, 2008

I am a radian

When studying rotational motion we find:

1 rev= 2πrad
1 revolution (360 degrees) equals two pi radians.

However, a radian is really nothing. People cancel it out automatically. The only way a radian takes on meaning is in the context of the circle.

Take this a little farther, if you will- suppose that God is like a circle. It seems a reasonable analogy to me: He had no beginning, has no end, and is perfect.

Seeing as
"I have been crucified with Christ, it is no longer I who live, but Christ who lives in me. And the life I live in the flesh I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave himself for me." (Galatians 2:20), I do not live by my own power. I may try to- (and try I have!)- but my attempts to live without letting Christ shine through me have yielded miserable results. It seems much easier, of course, to live on my own strength. Yet I cannot- my life only takes on meaning in the context of Christ.

I am a radian.

3 comments:

see-es-eh said...

huh? i don't understand. Anyway, i like your blog, and i can't wait to see more posts!!

Serfy said...

powerful analogy, Art. it's amazing how God reveals himself in such seemingly unrelated areas. but then again, he did create everything...

Kaitlyn said...

I have gone way back in the deep dark past of your blog to comment on this post. Why? Simply because I like it and it an analogy that has remained in my memory since the day I first read it many months ago...

I am a radian.