March 7, 2008

My vision for this blog

God has laid a burden on my heart to begin this blog. I've been convinced that I must strive for excellence in all I do, and to "do hard things"- small and insignificant as they may seem. So I've worked on those goals- trying to serve my family, submit to my father, and be diligent in my studies. But besides improving my own character, I want to encourage you in your spiritual growth as well. Hopefully, this blog will encourage me to live deeply and to improve my ability to explain my thoughts while giving you some food for thought and a push to draw closer to your Savior.

My title is inspired by Romans 12:2. I want to separate from the world's desires and priorities, and instead to be transformed by the renewal of my mind. Clearly, it won't be easy- but I know it will be worth it.

One of my favorite verses gives me a reason to "think outside the globe":
"And the world is passing away along with its desires, but whoever does the will of God abides forever." -1 John 2:17 (ESV)

5 comments:

Serfy said...

yay! you have a blog, and a clear purpose for it!

Jo said...

awesome! can't wait to see what you put up here girl! blogs are a great way to start "doing hard things."

Mallory said...

Simply beautiful dear! Once again you amaze me! I am eager to hear your thoughts in the future! Iron Sharpens Iron!

Your sis in Christ,
Mal

Art said...

Serfy, Jo, and Mallory, thank you for your encouraging comments. I'll try to live up to your high expectations!

Carissa said...

Great insight. Thanks for reminding me of the need to stay conformed to Christ and not to the world. Keep up with the entries!