October 30, 2008

Tongue, do not become my adversary

"Even a fool is thought wise if he keeps silent, and discerning if he holds his tongue." -Proverbs 17:28

When do I stay silent, and when do I speak? Others-centeredness needs to guide my actions.

Even my most pressing puzzles can't direct all discussion. I want to be wise- but not merely to satisfy my desire for intellectual stimulation.

My yearning to help can't override the need to serve others. Will I let cooperation replace control?

"Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you." -Matthew 7:7

I rejoice that God never tires of our foolish questions or our repeated stumbling.

1 comments:

Serfy said...

Proverbs 17:28 is one of my favorite verses. The tongue is truly hard to control. Most of the time I think more about saying unkind things rather than saying too much, so this is a nice reminder. =]