March 24, 2009

Thankful for work

Two words for this moment: disorganized and blissful.

I am typing up flows from the Alabama Open, and it made me think of how blessed I was to be able to compete.

I went to the forum and randomly reread the Thanksgiving thread. It made me think how delightful it is that I am allowed to waste time, and how many things there are to be thankful for.

I read Galatians today, and it was extremely pleasant. Again and again, Paul reminds us that we have freedom. We are not slaves to guilt or doubts or to the law.

I keep thinking of all the things I have to be thankful for, such as the fact that no one minds my lack of originality. Yet I'm also thinking: "to whom much is given, much is expected." And I'm pondering that being comfortable where I am is not the best thing. And I remember that I've got to use my many blessings to bless others. I am fed so I can feed others- and I mean that literally and metaphorically. I can't forget about speaking and teaching in the community! I can't shove aside my projects to fight starvation. I can't sink into the ease of home and forget to be a true servant to my family.

Work is real, it cannot be ignored. So, I have to remind myself: "Whatever you do, work heartily, as for the Lord and not for men, knowing that from the Lord you will receive the inheritance as your reward. You are serving the Lord Christ."

0 comments: