August 27, 2009

Hollow Men [for Catey]

Imagine you're a statue,
a person made of stone
A glorious shining sculpture
without a heart to own

Imagine you are beautiful
And praised as good and fair
But inches past your perfect skin
Lies empty, hollow, air

A blow from true reality
Would crack that shallow shell
The self you though was you would fall,
Revealing deepest hell

The One who poured his life-blood out,
His emptiness makes you full
The truth he speaks in words of love
Breaks you, then makes you whole.

4 comments:

Micah E. said...

I think this is amazing, you should write rhyming poetry more often. Favorite line:

"A blow from true reality
Would crack that shallow shell"

Echoes in Ink said...

I wish my post on this topic could compare... unfortunately, it isn't nearly as good. The last line is my favorite.

Love always,
Catey
www.sparksofillumination.blogspot.com

Michael said...

My opinion of this poem may have been tainted by peeking at Micah's comment, but I really really like it.

"The One who poured his life-blood out,
His emptiness makes you full"

Kaitlyn said...

I like this.


A shallow comment, I know. But, it's also true.

:)