August 22, 2009

I need to stop putting my life into boxes

I thought, "Today I'm going to work. It'll be a departure from real life."
But I signed on to my email, and found my friends were still there. I found a breath of connection. Life is still where real life is not, I thought.
A man passed by me, and gave a friendly comment about the weather.
Why get to know someone with whom you won't come in contact much?

But this is real life. For some, perhaps the only community.
People matter everywhere.

5 comments:

Micah E. said...

mmmmm.

Echoes in Ink said...

Mmm... good post. Excellent ideas, there.

I think the reason we bother getting to know people is because of Jesus - he knew the people he was with on earth were but a breath (shorter, some) and that he would hardly be with them - yet he had compassion. He had eternity in mind.

Keep it up, Rebecca. Love this blog.

Echoes in ink,
C.

Andrew said...

Oh, yeah.

I used to think that short posts weren't interesting, and I didn't read them. Then I read this post. I have now come to the realization that only my short posts were boring.

Michael said...

Everything is real life! :) (except for the parts...you know, that aren't :P) And the interesting thing is, that for you it seems "unnatural" or not as "real" somehow, but for your dad who goes there a lot more than you do probably doesn't see it that way at all.

QueenOfLillyFlowers said...

that was lovely,<3 you!