August 26, 2009

"When she trod on mud, the mud was beautiful."

There's a twinkle in your eyes today, my dear
It tells me that there's something lovely afoot
A forest, or a splash in the stream perhaps
Or simply an idea that delights you

Light is the color of expectation, I think...
But you must excuse my irrational pronouncements, love
Simply because your delight makes me giddy
To see you happy is my greatest joy

Who can think straight when the stars are dancing?
I can't tell if your eyes are reflecting them,
Or if the light comes from within you... But there's little difference-
You are everything beautiful to me.

6 comments:

Hayley said...

This is lovely. Purely, positively lovely.

Echoes in Ink said...

The best poem I have read in a long while. Pure joy.

Echoes,
C.

Kaitlyn said...

Fabulous, Becka. =D

Micah E. said...

This is beautiful.

[mc] said...

I smiled very much, this poem connects with me. You short stories and poems always do, and I am in awe.

Michael said...

Oh goodness gracious this is wonderfuL!