September 9, 2009

Musings of a very inexperienced storyteller

I've already brought three characters to death or near-death within the first two pages of my short story. Oh my. This is a self-indulgent story, if I ever saw one. I'm writing it how I want it to be written, not caring how it should sound. It's poorly written, I think, but I don't mind. Fixing problems is what editing is for.

I wrote out my outline on a dry erase board. Every character has a different colored marker. I'm basing the characters' personalities on the message I'm trying to convey. It's troublesome to have to stop writing to research, but I need to find the critical details in order for the plot to unfold. I don't know how things should be done, but this is working for me so far. Everything seems new and exciting. I like writing fiction, and will try to post the entire story when it's done.

1 comments:

Lis said...

The line, "Oh, the places you'll go" just sort of popped into my mind... I'm really not sure why

Enjoy the new and exciting! I've come to love writing almost as much as I love reading. Almost. I still love reading your posts more.