October 29, 2009

I don't have time to write this, but.

I'm disappointed that my busyness makes me inconsiderate to others. I'm thankful for my family's, especially my mom's, patience with me. I am hopeful and perhaps too optimistic about finishing everything I should by Saturday. And though I regret that I will likely be squashed at the next round robin because I've had no time to solidify my arguments or fix my apologetics cards, I'm thankful for all the things I am able to do. God is merciful. I keep thinking about Philippians 4:7, "and the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and minds in Christ Jesus." I also hope I'm truly surrendering all, not just being beguiled into a fake calmness induced by a combination of Jon Foreman's voice and my tiredness. "Tired like a child after weeping, empty like a sky after rain." I don't remember where that's from. Okay, I must go now, VFW essay calls. I'll catch up with you... sometime in November? Ha.

2 comments:

Hayley said...

I was so overjoyed when I finished my VoD essay today, and then I realized I still have to practice reading it, and then record it, and then mail it, and then I thought about all the things I'm so behind in, and I went to physics class and stared dully at the definition of friction for an hour and a half until my teacher started singing Miley Cyrus's Party in the USA with me.

Gooood story.

That is so say, I'm glad you're feeling calm, wonderful surrender. And thank you for reminding me. To November, when we can take a breath!

Eunice said...

it is well with my soul...thanks for sharing your soul with us!