October 16, 2009

People!

I love the idea of loving people.
I love the idea of people.
People are amazing, made in the image of our Almighty God! I like to believe that people have so much to share, because everyone thinks, everyone feels, everyone is human.

Somehow idea people are easier to love than real-life people.

Oh, dichotomy!

I want my life to prove Plato wrong. Not everything he said, much of it was so right, but the part about there being two worlds, the becoming world separate from the being.

I want to love human beings, not just human becomings. Because every wonderful thing about people is true no matter how imperfect they are.

3 comments:

Serfy said...

"Somehow idea people are easier to love than real-life people."
How true that is! The more I think about people, the more I inject them with qualities I like. And then I talk to them and my perception is shattered.

Human becomings = <3

and, I want to apologize for being distracted yesterday. I wasn't very focused when I was talking to you at the end of the meeting.

Art said...

oh, Serfy, I forgive you. :)

<3

Echoes in Ink said...

"...every wonderful thing about people is true no matter how imperfect they are."
How true. More and more often, I'm learning to let go of the imperfections and actively search out those wonderful things, no matter how deeply they're buried.

Speaking of wonderful things, I got home from Denver last night, where I got to hang out with your wonderful sister. It made me miss you.

<3
Catey