April 23, 2010

Escape. (I know this lacks context)


I felt, for a moment, for a minute, for a half-hour, that I was understood, because... in their moving to where I was, and in my seeing through my own eyes, it seemed our minds were one.
Seeing another side of them, themselves to each other, made me realize that I was actually apart from them. I feel like I've lost the warmth, but not the understanding. Writing this, finding my place, is helping me escape the fear of being rejected. I may be alone, but I am not turned away. I may be an Other, but I am not lost.

1 comments:

Echoes in Ink said...

You are not alone. I lack context, but understand feeling. I lack understanding, but have much empathy.
I like this, "In my seeing through my own eyes, it seemed our minds were one." There is something definitively familiar about that. A rubbing of souls, perhaps?

I realize now that this post is deliberately ambiguous, and I am filled with joy.
Love you, my dear,
Catey