July 21, 2010

Reworking how I live

I just finished watching A Beautiful Mind. Good. movie. I want to discuss it sometime.

During it, I was thinking about how I respond to movies, and innocence, and being loved and understood as I am. I don't know about becoming... callous? I wonder about being able to interact with most people, or being left out... integration. real life... what it means to be an adult?

I also ponder, in a "hum..." sort of way (vague, not frantic, just.... wondering) about hallucinations. Or rather, convincing yourself of things, and different levels of reality. "You can only remember what's written on your face." Some things being true in the right, intense context, which, lifted out of their place, hardly seem to fit.

About the title: here things are changed a lot from what I've been used to over the past ... while. I'm trying to figure out how to interact online while being fully present here. Part of that is, I want to pause and be focused when I read blogs or write or think, but here there's hardly a spare moment to be moved by words on a screen. Perhaps I'll find that that begins to be untrue as the weeks progress.

Conversations: they seem to be wonderful, surprising. That I can ask a question and talk about it as it occurs to me, or that working through emotions can be easier with a sister than writing to my computer. In other news, Kristen loves me.

4 comments:

Michael said...

That is a fantastic movie! (Something tells me Hayley would agree :P)

"Some things being true in the right, intense context, which, lifted out of their place, hardly seem to fit." Hum . . . I think I know what you mean. Like . . . when you try to examine something after the fact, it is out of context and unable to really be understood correctly?

"In other news, Kristen loves me." :D

Art said...

"Like . . . when you try to examine something after the fact, it is out of context and unable to really be understood correctly?" Yes,
Michael, just like that.

Hayley said...

"(Something tells me Hayley would agree :P)"

I clicked comment for the sole reason of saying that, and now, I have to find something else to say! [Not hard.]

Also, Rebecca, if you liked A Beautiful Mind, you must watch Shutter Island. Throwing that out there.

I wonder about integration often, about perception and normality and socially appropriate interaction. It's all very vital, which worries me because I find it somewhat confusing.

Pensword said...

I was supposed to watch this movie for my psychology class.

You ought to see Inception, too. I heard it was really intense and intellectually challenging.