October 12, 2010

"Christ in you, the hope of glory"

Futility: It's not hard to stagnate, spinning your wheels and going nowhere. Meanings slip through my hands, disappearing. Deeds and words are all shells, with their essence missing.
I want a reason to live.
Purpose: The Spirit puts meaning back into the body. It's space and spark contained by the physical, a whole being.

Finity: There are arcs that begin and climb higher and then fall down, ending at that edge separating life and death. The flame expires and we're left in darkness.
I want to live forever.
Eternality: There's a line thrown into the air which soars in a curve and passes through the curtain of death. It's the soul of man powered by the life of God, drawn by a belief in the unseen.

Disconnect: If we could stay on this earth, we would remake the world, forge a future that ends in peace. But the story is grander, spanning past time. So where shall we go?
I want to lose my life to find it.
Unity: In resurrection, we leave our old natures, so the world that remains exists to worship him. It's a hope sustained by an unending purpose, satisfied by the glory of knowing an infinite God.

2 comments:

Michael said...

Yes!

"I want to lose my life to find it."

Hayley said...

When I want to skip this stage to that future of glory, I think of this: "In resurrection, we leave our old natures, so the world that remains exists to worship him."