November 22, 2010

Creativeness

The longing clears my mind,
draws me forward.
Let me out into the living world
fresh flush with the city,
the rush of wind meeting my face.

Today I have an energy to make something, and it's refreshing. This feeling is somewhat of a response to this post, and somewhat of a pleasant swing from feeling very uncreative lately. There's such a vast difference between doing things out of routine and gloomy obligation, and simply expressing the life inside.

I see three reasons for creating. I've moved from the first, the desire to have the making done, to the second, the desire to make. The third is the desire to make for the sake of what is being expressed. This I have not yet reached - I don't know how to climax my novel, I don't know what inspiration I'll find. But I suspect that the idea can sometimes develop through the workings of creating. Something is behind the desire to create, I hope, a story longing to be told. And the advice to the artist is nearly always, show up. Do your work, and the miracle of creation will happen again.

3 comments:

Michael said...

Oh! I so want to create! (or participate in creation?)

"And the advice to the artist is nearly always, show up. Do your work, and the miracle of creation will happen again."

mhm.

Nicole said...

Those lines of poetry are beautiful. Did you write them?

"There's such a vast difference between doing things out of routine and gloomy obligation, and simply expressing the life inside."

Yes! That is so true. :)

(And I hope you will share some of the product of your creativity with your readers).

Art said...

Yes, Nicole, I did. =) (And I certainly try to.)