March 30, 2011

things I am thankful for.

1. Last week, I understood a little bit more about how pain and community and independence interrelate. [Basic thought: being in community unveils our selfishness; duty to love shows our inability to be righteous; we need people to purify us and teach us to depend on God.]
2. The bagel I had at lunch was delicious.
3. I have a computer that works.
4. I have a family to talk to when I'm discouraged.
5. I don't have to pay for airfare to the conference I'm teaching at next week. (My mom's driving us!)
6. I'm going to college and learning things.
7. God has given my Chapter the opportunity to run the Children's Program at an evangelistic conference/camp in May.
8. Internet access.
9. Books.
10. "Take heart, I have overcome the world."
11. Extra-credit assignments.
12. Gift cards.
13. More hours of light each day.
14. Intervarsity.
15. You, my friends, reading this.
16. The prospect of sleep.
17. "Nevertheless, I am continually with you; you hold my right hand. You guide me with your counsel, and afterward you will receive me to glory."

2 comments:

Kris said...

i love you. i'm so glad you're *my* sister. <3

Hayley said...

This list is wonderful. :) But can I resoundingly echo #13 especially? I am boundlessly cheered by the lengthening days!