March 12, 2011

works [of love]

Yesterday I had a thought.
What if I took the pressing desire I had to love my distant friends and put it into caring for the people I see? To treat my neighbors like people who matter in my story. [Yesterday I saw a performance of Julius Caesar, and I was struck by how Brutus and Cassius simply met each other on the street and Cassius knew his friend was troubled.]

Today I had another thought.
What if I blogged for you all?
I try. I would like to try some more.

love's mercy is to create need.
(which means: the reassurance of knowing that I owe love is that I must seek out how to live it)

1 comments:

Michael said...

"What if I took the pressing desire I had to love my distant friends and put it into caring for the people I see?"

Yes! Our duty to love the men we see :)